NYPD / Stop-and-Frisk / Police Brutality / Police Corruption
- March 7, 2012, "Beyond the Numbers -- Stop-and-Frisk from the Perspective of the Profiled," by Jason A. Otaño, The Huffington Post (Special Assistant for Legal Affairs to Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz speaks about being stopped and frisked)
- March 7, 2012, "The NYPD Tapes Confirmed," by Graham Rayman, The Village Voice (The report police hid for nearly two years that corroborates a Voice investigation--and vindicates a whistle-blower the NYPD tried to destroy)
- March 6, 2012, "Get a McDonald's Happy Meal for Every Third Stop And Frisk (Wink!)" Gothamist
- March 5, 2012, "Ramarley Graham's Family Accused NYPD of Harrassment Before Shooting," by Jeff Mays, DNAinfo.com
- February 29, 2012, "Coalition Says Unfair, Ineffective NYPD Frisk Policy Has to Change," by Juan Gonzalez, _Daily News
- February 23, 2012, "Cop Claims Precinct Ruled by Illegal System of Zealous Arrest Quotas," New York Daily NewsFebruary 20, 2012, "Seething Anger in New York Over Police 'Immunity' in Shootings," by Saeed Shabazz, The Final Call
- February 15, 2012, "Is NYPD Running Wild? Patterns of Brutality Raise Questions About Mayor's Control of Police, by Kristen Gwynne, AlterNet
- February 14, 2012, "Stop-and-Frisks Hit Record in 2011," by Sean Gardiner, The Wall Street Journal
- February 9, 2012, "Albany Wants More Oversight of City Police," by Joseph Goldstein, The New York Times
- February 5, 2012, "Stop and Frisk: A Shameful Policy That Feeds Oppression," by Nick Malinowski, Amsterdam News
- February 2012, "The N.Y.P.D. Clamps Down on Jazz," by Liliana Segura, The Brooklyn Rail (retaliation arrest)
- January 24, 2012, "NYPD: Can We Still Call Them NY's Finest?" by Cassandra Garrasan, Metro New York (stop-and-frisk, corruption, brutality)
- January 23, 2012, "Community Members Struggle with Stop-and-Frisk," by Carla Murphy, Gotham Gazette (injustice)
- January 15, 2012, "Tense Relations with Officers in a Crime-Ridden Precinct," by Liz Robbins, The New York Times
- January 15, 2012, "Suit on Police Treatment of Livery Riders Is to Proceed," by Al Baker, The New York Times
- January 12, 2012, "'Stop and Frisk': A Road to Disaster," by David R. Jones, Esq., The Huffington Post
- December 17, 2011, "Why is the N.Y.P.D. After Me?" by Nicholas K. Peart, The New York Times
- October 29, 2011, "Stop-and-Frisk Becomes Tactic for Abuse," by Leonard Pitts, Jr., The Miami Herald
- March 2010, Stop, Question, and Frisk Policing Practices in New York City: A Primer, Center on Race, Crime, and Justice, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Miller, E. "Role-Based Policing: Restraining Police Conduct Outside the Legitimate Investigative Sphere." California Law Review, May 2006.
- Howell, K. "Broken Lives From Broken Windows: The Hidden Costs of Aggressive Order-Maintenance Policing," 2010.
- March 6, 2012, "Drug Policy as Race Policy: Best-Seller Galvanizes the Debate," by Jennifer Schuessler, The New York Times
- February 22, 2012, "Obama Budget: Grow Prisons and Keep Gitmo," by James Ridgeway and Jean Casella, Mother Jones
- February 15, 2012, "Private Prison Corporation Offers Cash in Exchange for State Prisons," by Chris Kirkham, The Huffington Post
- January 30, 2012, "The Caging of America," by Adam Gopnik, The New Yorker
- Alexander, Michelle. 2010. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness.
- Drucker, Ernest. 2011. A Plague of Prisons: The Epidemiology of Mass Incarceration in America.